W.T. Johnson & Sons
Salary £34000-38000pa depending on experience with 24 days annual leave, generous pension scheme and private healthcare.
We have an opportunity for someone to join us as a Night Shift Manager at our Huddersfield factory to drive continuous improvement and to deliver to tight deadlines.
Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be responsible for ownership and management of the site across the late and night shift during weekdays, leading a team of up to 13 staff.
• Must be able to demonstrate people management skills and be experienced in leading teams.
• Have good organisational skills and attention to detail whilst working to deadlines.
• Ability to prioritise and act in an emergency situation.
• Liaise with other departments to ensure an efficient site operation.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and on own initiative or equally part of a team.
• Computer literate.
• Textile Finishing experience an advantage but not essential.
Core Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 1700-0500hrs (flexible) and be willing to work overtime when required.
Monitor Operations and resolve any problems:
• Ensure smooth handover between night and day teams across the factory in terms of operations and site facilities.
• Key person / contact for night operations.
• Ensure employee breaks run according to company policy.
• Maintain and promote general housekeeping initiatives within the factory
Manage and motivate team to achieve targets:
• Ensure production requirements are delivered.
• Direct manpower to work where and as / when required.
• Requirement for additional support is raised via the Operations Manager.
Monitor Security and H&S within the factory:
• Maintain a safe, secure environment in the factory overnight.
• Ensure H&S objectives are at the forefront in production, recording accidents, incidents, near misses where required.
• Report any areas of concern through line (or H&S) management appropriately.
• Emergency coordinator out of hours
Develop the team and identify ongoing training requirements:
• Ensure procedural changes are communicated and implemented.
• Carry out CHAT briefs amongst teams.
• Identify development and / or training opportunities for team members.
• Recording of data on a daily basis for quality projects.
• Report developing patterns and trends in quality issues.
• Indirect response to customer complaints where required.
No agencies please
UPLOAD YOUR CV & COVERING LETTER BELOW