£12,898 (40 hours per week)
Holidays: 30 per year (includes Bank Holidays)
Thirstin Dyeworks, Thirstin Road, Honley. HD9 6JL
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Records show there has been a dye house on our current location since 1796, becoming a piece dye house in 1928. The soft Pennine water and topography of the countryside made it the perfect location for textile dyeing and finishing – this is as true today as it was 200 years ago. In 1975 the dye house became a wholly owned subsidiary of WT Johnson and was renamed D P Dyers Ltd.
WT Johnson & Sons Ltd, are a world-renowned textile finisher of fine wool and worsted blends with a reputation for innovation, quality and investment. This business philosophy has enabled DP Dyers to become the state-of-the-art dye house that it is today.
Traditional and modern equipment is used to achieve the desired results, whether it’s producing small lots for fashion colours or large runs for product colour continuity. Innovative dyeing techniques have been developed to produce exciting and original fabric effects.
We are looking to recruit an Apprentice Dyer.
- The Apprenticeship will cover all aspects of Dyeing – include the following:
- Housekeeping and filing recipes/samples
- Lab dyeing and checks
- Recipes for production
- Handling/dispensing of dyes and chemicals
- Colour matching
The Apprenticeship will be hands-on, with support from experienced workplace colleagues and mentors. The Textile Centre will assign an assessor who will support the learner throughout the work place qualification.
- Punctual and reliable
- Be able to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Have an appetite for learning
- Be hardworking and flexible
- Be professional and of smart appearance
- Good colour vision
- Qualifications in science or textile discipline
- Excellent communication skills
- Admin and data entry skills
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- The role includes standing for long periods / using heavy equipment / lifting (manual handling)
- Thirstin Dyeworks is in a semi-rural area / public transport links are limited
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW