1&2 Riverdale House, Dockfield Road, Shipley, West Yorkshire, BD17 7AD
01943 864 646
As a leading manufacturer in automotive protection we work with the most prestigious brands and names in the industry. Specialising in bespoke solutions, the business offers a widely varied workload with excellent opportunities for development and progression.
As CAD Designer, you will be responsible for assisting design and product development, based on customer requirements and brand strategy.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accurately digitising cloth patterns onto CAD – using Optitex PDS, Anoto Pens.
- Investigating new methods of cloth pattern input in CAD software.
- Production of digital patterns from dimensions, photographs and 3D Models.
- Creating bespoke dimension sheets based on customer requirements.
- Making alterations to existing files to refine current product specifications.
- Generating optimum cut files and nesting multiple product parts to reduce waste and optimise productivity.
- Understanding different material constraints & parameters whilst supporting setting guides in CAD to reduce CNC operator input.
- Production of detailed final specifications, utilising Adobe Illustrator to produce design specs, including component lists and costings.
- Providing CAD support to Production team & building close working relationships.
- Working knowledge of Design concept 2D, Diaminio, Vector Methods and Lectra CNC capabilities. Training available of software if required.
- Working in 3D Solidworks converting vehicle models to generate digital patterns.
- Support and investigate introduction of Industry 4.0 automation trend throughout the business.
- Personable individual with a willingness to work as a part of team whilst maintaining a positive and collaborative working environment.
- Ability to cope well under pressure & work autonomously when required.
- Capability to translate a 3D object into a 2D pattern.
- Experience in working with cloth product production and its constraints preferred.
- A hands-on approach!
Must have experience working with 2D CAD. Experience of 3D CAD preferred.
Full Driving License preferred.
Benefits: £22-28k Salary p.a depending on experience, 20 +Statutory Days Holiday per year. Pension. Free parking on site.
Working Hours: 8.30 – 17.30 Mon – Thu / 8.00 – 16.00 Fri
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW