Wesley House, Carr Crofts Dr, Leeds LS12 3AL
Job type: Full Time
Contract Length: Permanent
Salary Rate: Dependant on Experience
Job Location: Leeds 12
Job Description: CAD Pattern Cutter
Perry Uniform is a fast growing, award winning, internet based retailer and manufacturer of school uniforms to the independent school sector. We are currently seeking a CAD Pattern Cutter to join our busy team in Leeds.
The role of the CAD Pattern Cutter will be to assist in the digitising of patterns, grading and the development of new patterns, ensuring the patterns are produced to the correct standard and grading requirements.
As a CAD pattern cutter your core responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the development of new patterns, working closely with the Technical Manager to understand requirements.
- Digitising patterns onto CAD system.
- Creating and maintaining a pattern library.
- Grade new and existing styles, ensuring consistency of sizing across all styles.
- Work with factories overseas to ensure copies of patterns match those on file.
- To ensure patterns are checked and tested prior to use in production.
- Address any pattern or construction issues.
- Alter any patterns as required.
- Keep clear and precise records relating to all product design, development, approvals and technical issues.
- To ensure all patterns are produced to an acceptable commercial standard.
- Work with the Technical Manager to produce grade charts across multi-product garments.
- Producing markers and lay plans for production.
An ideal CAD Pattern Cutter will hold the following skills and attributes:
- Organisational skills to a high standard, with excellent attention to detail and a high standard of work quality.
- Demonstrable experience in CAD Pattern Cutting.
- Pattern knowledge and technical garment construction.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to effectively manage varying tasks and changing demands of the business at short notice.
- Team player.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Computer literate in respect of MS Office application, competent user of adobe illustrator and knowledge of how to use Photoshop.
- Knowledge of the Assyst Bulmers software would be very advantageous.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with experience in a technical pattern cutting role.
- Ability to pattern cut manually is desirable but not essential
We offer opportunities to progress for the right individuals, free onsite parking and break out area. Due to the high volumes of applications we are currently receiving, unfortunately we are only able to contact candidates who are successful in progressing to the next stage. If you have not been contacted within 14 days of your application, then please presume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW