Stanley Mills Weavers
Edward Street, Bradford BD4 9RS
Dornier Loom Technician
Stanley Mills Weavers BD4
Full time (40 hours pw)
Shifts – work as follows 6.00am-2.00pm Monday to Friday / 2.00pm-10.00pm Monday to Thursday, 2.00pm-7.30pm Friday Relevant experience required Pay dependant on experience.
To ensure that all looms are kept in peak working condition following a detailed preventative maintenance schedule. This will include:
- Prioritising maintenance to ensure maximum loom efficiency.
- Identifying worn or defective parts replacing as and when required
- Checking and changing lubricants as per the maintenance schedule
- To ensure that loom downtime is kept to a minimum through the efficient management of job changes.
- Full understanding of Dornier weaving machines
- Understanding of name-edge and tucking.
- Maintenance and repair of Dornier weaving machines.
- Gear change and start-up procedure.
- Able to motivate and work closely within the team to ensure quality and efficiency.
- Understanding of peg plans and yarns.
- Programming the computer controller
- To ensure that machines in service are operated at their optimum speed and efficiency, with active involvement in managing warp/weft breaks. This will include the fine-tuning of the loom and its constituent parts including dobbies, jacquards or yarn accumulators, where fitted.
- To assist the company in maintaining its reputation as a weaver of high-quality woven fabrics by assisting the Weaving Manager in the identification and rectification of weaving quality problems.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures. This will specifically include:
- Ensuring that all safety interlocks are working correctly, all guards are securely attached and that this check is recorded
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and notice taken of oil grease and warp lubricant spillages
- Adhering to all C.O.S.H.H. guidelines
- Ensuring that all personal protective equipment as issued is used
Suitable applicants with a similar background would be offered full training, on our in-house training/mentor programme.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW