This course has been specifically designed to provide individuals with basic first aid knowledge. It is ideal for those working in low hazard environments or where a needs assessment has identified that there is insufficient first aid cover in a particular department. This programme is perfect for employees looking to develop the fundamental basics, prior to further first aid training (such as the Full First Aid at Work programme).
There are no specific entry requirements for this programme. .
Course Aims and Outline:
Candidates attending the course will cover the following areas:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Incident & casualty assessment
- CPR and use of an AED (defibrillator)
- Body check and recovery position
- Management of a seizure
- External bleeding & shock
- Minor injuries (cuts, grazes, bumps, bruises, splinters, nose bleeds)
- Minor burns
Accredited by Qualsafe, this is a one-day programme, taught in the classroom. It includes ‘first aid simulation’ (practical, hands on examples of how to deal with a first aid situation). This will, from time to time, involve learners undertaking role play with other learners. Our first aid provision is carried out by qualified and approved tutors & learners attending will be required to complete 1 x multiple choice assessment paper.
Candidates attending will receive a first aid book and a certificate accredited by Qualsafe.
• “The course was excellent as an introduction to first aid, giving me the confidence to help my colleagues should the need arise”. Tracy, Nov 16
• “An enjoyable day which I found interesting & learnt a lot. I enjoyed getting involved with the practical side of the course”. Paul, Aug 16
• “The course was excellent with a great trainer. The video’s helped to reinforce the CPR message. I would highly recommend this course.” Graham, July 16.
This programme runs for one day, starting at 09.00am and finishing at 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day for all learners.
Delegates are advised to wear comfortable clothing as you will be on the floor practicing CPR, body check & recovery position. Please do not wear a skirt/dress.
Course Fee: Member Companies: £70. Non-Member Companies: £90. All prices are plus VAT.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
Cost : £70 + VAT (members) / £90 + VAT (non members)
This course is available on the following dates :
14th September 2017 (course now full)
11th October 2017
28th November 2017
11th December 2017
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US