This course has been specifically designed to provide individuals with basic first aid knowledge. It is ideal for those working in low hazard environments or where a needs assessment has identified that there is insufficient first aid cover in a particular department. This programme is perfect for employees looking to develop the fundamental basics, prior to further first aid training (such as the Full First Aid at Work programme).
There are no specific entry requirements for this programme. .
Course Aims and Outline:
Candidates attending the course will cover the following areas:
- Roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Incident & casualty assessment
- CPR and use of an AED (defibrillator)
- Body check and recovery position
- Management of a seizure
- External bleeding & shock
- Minor injuries (cuts, grazes, bumps, bruises, splinters, nose bleeds)
- Minor burns
Accredited by Qualsafe, this is a one-day programme, taught in the classroom. It includes ‘first aid simulation’ (practical, hands on examples of how to deal with a first aid situation). This will, from time to time, involve learners undertaking role play with other learners. Our first aid provision is carried out by qualified and approved tutors & learners attending will be required to complete 1 x multiple choice assessment paper.
Candidates attending will receive a first aid book and a certificate accredited by Qualsafe.
– This was my 1st first aid course. I found Phil, the tutor engaging and he made the course enjoyable. I was never bored & feel confident should any situations occur. Samuel, February 2017
– Great course & tutor. Phil’s experience with teaching the course & previous experience as a fire fighter helped the course content make sense & have very relevant contexts. Informative at all times, engaging and lively. Thank you. Ben. March 2017
– The course was perfect for use in or out of work. Phil was able to hold my interest throughout & was very informative with applicable real life experiences. Danny. July 2017.
This programme runs for one day, starting at 09.00am and finishing at 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day for all learners.
Delegates are advised to wear comfortable clothing as you will be on the floor practicing CPR, body check & recovery position. Please do not wear a skirt/dress.
Course Fee: Member Companies: £70. Non-Member Companies: £90. All prices are plus VAT.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
Cost : £70 + VAT (members) / £90 + VAT (non members)
This course is available on the following dates :
17th January 2018
14th February 2018
5th March 2018
25th April 2018
14th June 2018
17th July 2018
19th September 2018
8th October 2018
15th November 2018
3rd December 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US