This course has been specifically designed to provide individuals with basic first aid knowledge. It is ideal for those working in low hazard environments or where a needs assessment has identified that there is insufficient first aid cover in a particular department. This programme is perfect for employees looking to develop the fundamental basics, prior to further first aid training (such as the Full First Aid at Work programme).
There are no specific entry requirements for this programme. This programme is suitable for all learners of all backgrounds and job roles.
Course Aims and Outline:
On completion of training, successful candidates will be able to:
- understand the role of the first aider including the importance of preventing cross infection, the need for recording incidents and actions and use of available equipment.
- assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
- administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation / safe use of an AED (defibrillator)
- administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
- administer first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
- administer first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
- provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries (including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters).
- Deal with the care of an unresponsive casualty
- Deal with basic life support issues, breathing difficulties and circulation problems
- Manage head injuries
- Provide an overview of the content of the standard first aid kit
Accredited by Qualsafe, this is a one-day programme, taught in the classroom. It includes ‘first aid simulation’ (practical, hands on examples of how to deal with a first aid situation). This may, from time to time, involve learners undertaking role play with other learners. Our first aid provision is carried out by qualified and approved tutors & learners attending will be required to complete 1 x multiple choice assessment paper.
Candidates attending will receive a first aid book and a certificate accredited by Qualsafe.
• “The course was excellent as an introduction to first aid, giving me the confidence to help my colleagues should the need arise”. Tracy, Nov 16
• “An enjoyable day which I found interesting & learnt a lot. I enjoyed getting involved with the practical side of the course”. Paul, Aug 16
• “The course was excellent with a great trainer. The video’s helped to reinforce the CPR message. I would highly recommend this course.” Graham, July 16.
This programme runs for one day, starting at 09.00am and finishing at 4.30pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided throughout the day for all learners.
Course Fee: Member Companies: £70. Non-Member Companies: £90. All prices are plus VAT.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
Cost : £70 + VAT (members) / £90 + VAT (non members)
This course is available on the following dates :
14th August 2017
14th September 2017 (course now full)
11th October 2017
28th November 2017
11th December 2017
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US