The aim of managing performance is to continuously improve the performance of individuals and that of the organisation. It involves making sure that the performance of employees contributes to the goals of their teams and the business as a whole.
Where a performance management system is working well, employees are more likely to engage with the goals of the business. There are three key factors that help to ensure performance management works effectively: the individual performance plan, monitoring performance against the plan and reviewing performance against the plan with the employee. If any one of these factors is badly managed the result may be employees who are actively disengaged with their employer.
This one-day event is aimed at supervisors, line and team managers in organisations of all sizes, across all sectors, who are responsible for the day-to-day management of employees, but probably have had little, or no training and development to enable then to manage and review individual performance effectively.
- Be able to describe the value of formal and informal performance assessment in the workplace.
- Have explained their role in managing performance.
- Have explored practical ways of managing team and individual performance.
- Demonstrate they be able to write appropriate and challenging, SMART performance objectives for employees.
- Recognise the importance of feedback as a tool to improve performance.
- Be able to describe strategies for managing under performance
- Be familiar with typical records that should be kept to ensure fairness and transparency and ensure that legal and organisational requirements are met.
NB: Attendees will be asked to bring along examples of their own organisations documents used in for Individual Performance Review to facilitate comparison and discussion during this event. Typically this may include: Job Description, IPR Preparation Form (Jobholder), IPR Preparation Form (Manager/Supervisor), Individual Performance Objectives/Goals/Targets, IPR Review Meeting Summary Form, Personal Development Plan, etc.
If you are interested, please contact the Training Team on:
Number: 01484 346500