16 Castle Blvd, Nottingham NG7 1FL
0115 948 7979
Our client is a global supplier of technical textiles to the aerospace, medical, military and composite sectors. They are currently seeking a Fabric Inspector to join their thriving business.
Fabric Inspector – The Role:
- To inspect finished or unfinished fabric’s using a power-driven examining frame checking for defects, (Such as stains, oil marks contamination, poor selvedge and irregularities in colour ie unlevel dyeing etc).
- To work as part of the Quality Assurance team to ensure in line with the SOP, products conform to the required quality standards to achieve fabric specifications.
- To undertake quality control checks (e.g. width checks and recording of metres) for batches being examined.
- To prepare information on batch processing required for invoicing by the office, including preparation of piece tickets, recording of finished meter lengths on batch records and dyebills.
- To report any none-conformance in respect of quality problems when processing batches through inspection to the quality supervisor.
- To communicate any machinery breakdowns or issues to the quality supervisor as soon they arise.
- To help with loading or unloading of fabric deliveries to and from BDF.
- To work as part of the Quality team to undertake regular routine cleaning and maintenance tasks for the inspection machine and surrounding area in line with SOP and risk assessments.
- If required to drive the company vehicles including company van and forklift truck (pending forklift training and driving license requirements).
- Provide support and cover (after training) for other members of the Quality / operational teams within the Baltex group of companies.
- General tasks as required by the quality Manager / supervisor.
- A good standard of education, competency in numeracy and literacy and a reasonable standard of IT skills.
- Previous experience on fabric exam or similar textile finishing operations would be advantageous but full training will be given to a suitable candidate.
- A strong communicator with the skills to work as part of team or on their own.
- Attention to detail is a must with a strong commitment to quality and good work ethic.
- Competitive salary offered
- 5 hours per week and the working hours would be 7.30am till 4.30pm Monday to Friday and Friday 7.30-3.30pm.
- There may also be overtime when the business requires it.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org call 0115 948 7979