Grange Valley Rd, Batley WF17 6GH
Working with luxury woven products, the Fine Mender provides a crucial service ensuring the intricate, invisible mending of small faults to high end accessories.
This role requires meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work close up with fine needle and delicate yarn.
Would suit an experienced fine fabric mender or someone with invisible mending experience. We would also consider an apprentice with excellent needle work skills.
The suitable candidate will undergo a 4 day trial period to ensure they have the specific skills required for the role.
Role and Responsibilities
This is not an exhaustive list of duties but gives an outline of the role and responsibilities of this position.
- Rectify and repair faults in luxury woven products
- Invisible mending including
- Drawing in warp and weft threads
- Crossover of knots
- Repair fringing on accessories such as scarves, shawls, stoles etc
- Following complex weaves to ensure high quality repairs
- Understanding of the woven structure to enable seamless repairs
- Working with the Accessory mending team when required
Any other suitable tasks the business feels are appropriate.
Skills and Abilities
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Manual dexterity working with fine needles and delicate yarns
- Excellent close vision
- Perfectionist with drive for excellence
Previous fine mending experience preferred but not essential
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Educated to GCSE or equivalent standard in English and Maths
- Hand sewing/ needle work experience
- Competitive salary
- 22 days holidays plus Stats (Fixed by the company)
- Death in Service benefit (after probation period)
- Auto-enrolment Pension Scheme
- Free On-site Parking
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW