Target Audience & Prerequisites
This course is for delegates who already have a licence for one truck and wish to train on another truck. It caters for operators on Counterbalance, Reach, and Flexi/Bendi trucks. Training is delivered on company premises with the theory & practical combined.
The theory aspect of the programme is delivered in accordance with Approved Code of Practice L117 Health & Safety at Work Act and includes:
- The law and your responsibilities
- Truck familiarisation
- Inspection, care and maintenance
- Safety and stability
- Principles of lifting
- Loading and unloading
The practical training includes:
- Introduction to truck controls & instruments
- Pre- start inspection and battery charging
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering and manoeuvring
- Hydraulic system
- Stacking and de-stacking of loads
- Driving practice
– Good course to help focus your mind on bad habits that may have been picked up. (Refresher course). John. February 2017.
– All very well explained, unrushed & managed perfectly from start to finish. Well done Martin & thank you. (Refresher course). Jim. February 2017
– Very down to earth instructor who made the experience enjoyable. Thank you Martin. (Novice course). Vicky. August 2017.
– Chris has just passed his FLT Novice Training with Martin this afternoon. He’s just come to let me know and was raving about Martins’ training style – He said he was so easy to listen to and explained things very well and made it enjoyable; very hands on! I wanted to pass the praise onto the Centre. Anneliese, HR Manager at Connection Seating. August 2017
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, candidates will be awarded a certificate accredited by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) and issued by Textile Centre of Excellence.
Dates: Available on request. Contact the Centre for details
Venue: Training on customer premises only.
Duration: As per RTITB requirements. 1 operative = 6.5 hours. 2 operatives = 9.75 hours. 3 operatives = 13 hours
Cost: Please contact the centre for costs.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course or to book a place please contact us.