Target Audience & Prerequisites
This course is for delegates who already have a licence and wish to refresh it. It caters for operators on Counterbalance, Reach and Flexi/Bendi trucks. Training is delivered on company premises with the theory & practical combined. Proof of certification/previous training will be required at the time of booking.
The theory aspect of the programme is delivered in accordance with Approved Code of Practice L117 Health & Safety at Work Act and includes:
- The law and your responsibilities
- Truck familiarisation
- Inspection, care and maintenance
- Safety and stability
- Principles of lifting
- Loading and unloading
The practical aspect of the training programme includes:
- Introduction to truck controls & instruments
- Pre- start inspection and battery charging
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering and manoeuvring
- Hydraulic system
- Stacking and de-stacking of loads
- Driving practice
• “The instructor was very patient, explained things very clearly and made the course interesting”. Simon, Dec 16
• “Martin was very patient & was an excellent trainer. Highly recommended”. Matthew, Dec 16
• “Martin put me at ease throughout the training. Thank you”. Richard, Nov 16
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, candidates will be awarded a certificate accredited by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) and issued by Textile Centre of Excellence.
Dates: Available on request. Contact the Centre for details
Venue: Training on customer premises only.
Duration: As per RTITB requirements. 1 operative = 4.5 hours, 2 operatives = 6.25 hours, 3 operatives = 7.5 hours
Cost: Please contact the centre for costs.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course or to book a place please contact us.