Target Audience & Prerequisites
This course is for delegates who have no experience of driving a fork lift truck. It caters for operators on Counterbalance, Reach and Flexi/Bendi trucks. Training is delivered on company premises with the theory & practical combined.
The theory aspect of the programme is delivered in accordance with Approved Code of Practice L117 Health & Safety at Work Act and includes:
- The law and your responsibilities
- Truck familiarisation
- Inspection, care and maintenance
- Safety and stability
- Principles of lifting
- Loading and unloading
The practical aspect of the training programme includes:
- Introduction to truck controls & instruments
- Pre-start inspection and battery charging
- Starting, moving and stopping
- Steering and manoeuvring
- Hydraulic system
- Stacking and de-stacking of loads
- Driving practice
• “The instructor was very patient, explained things very clearly and made the course interesting”. Simon, Dec 16
• “Martin was very patient & was an excellent trainer. Highly recommended”. Matthew, Dec 16
• “Martin put me at ease throughout the training. Thank you”. Richard, Nov 16
Chris has just passed his FLT Novice Training with Martin this afternoon.He’s just come to let me know and was raving about Martins’ training style – He said he was so easy to listen to and explained things very well and made it enjoyable; very hands on!
I wanted to pass the praise onto the Centre. Anneliese, HR Manager at Connection Seating. August 2017
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, candidates will be awarded a certificate accredited by the Road Transport Industry Training Board (RTITB) and issued by Textile Centre of Excellence.
Dates: Available on request. Contact the Centre for details
Venue: Training on customer premises only.
Duration: As per RTITB requirements. 1 operative = 19.5 hours, 2 operatives = 26 hours, 3 operatives = 32.50 hours
Cost: Please contact the centre for costs.
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course or to book a place please contact us.