Interior Goods Direct
Interior Goods Direct Limited
Unit 2 Jubilee Way
Working alongside the Operations Manager, your main duties will oversee the H&S requirements within the company and assist the Operations Manager in the day to day running of the business.
The experienced Health & Safety Manager will act as an integral part of the operations team, supporting the implementation and monitoring of the Health & Safety management system.
The main purpose of the role is to manage all aspects of health and safety within the Organisation, including inductions, training and risk assessments.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
• Carry out risk assessments and consider how risks could be reduced
• Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
• Carry out regular site inspections to check policies and procedures are being properly implemented
• Ensure working practices are safe and comply with legislation
• Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policies and future proof the business.
• Work with Head of Operations to deliver in house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
• Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
• Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
• Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the employer’s industry
• Produce management reports
• Ensure equipment is installed safely
The Health & Safety Officer will ideally relevant experience however, we will consider training for newley qualified H&S people with aspirations to develop a career.
• NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
• Good communication skills
• Good organisational skills
• Attention to detail
• Good time keeping
Please send your full CV and covering letter to our HR Department.