Wesley House, Carr Crofts Dr, Leeds LS12 3AL
0113 238 9520
Job type: Full Time
Contract Length: Permanent
Salary Rate: Competitive
Hours per week: 40
Job Description: Junior Garment Cutter
Job Location: Leeds 12
This is an excellent opportunity to join a rapidly expanding internet retail business based in Leeds.
We are looking for a Junior Cutter to join our busy manufacturing operation and preferably from a manufacturing background. Skills and experience in cutting jackets and blazers would be preferable.
Successful candidates will have 2 years industry experience and confidently be able to use the relevant tools and machinery, e.g. ban saw. Key experience to include the laying up of cloth, cutting a variety of cloths and interlining as well as basic understanding of patterns and ability to accurately interpret spec sheets and interpret instructions.
Skills, Interests and qualities;
- Have experience in a similar role.
- Capable of using initiative and solutions orientated.
- Work as part of a small team as well as the wider company team – Garment Technicians/Machinist.
- Confident in using relevant tools and machinery to role.
- Maintain high standards of health and safety.
- Eye for detail and concern for quality.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately, working to deadlines.
- Must have permission to work in the UK.
We offer opportunities to progress for the right individuals and there are long term opportunities within the business for exceptional performers.