Joshua Ellis & Co Ltd
Grange Valley Road, Grange Road, Batley, WF17 6GH
Job Title: Knotter/ Healder
Department: Weaving Dept.
FT / PT: Full Time
Hours: Monday-Thursday 7.30am-4.00pm, Friday 7.30am-3.00pm
Reporting To: Weaving Manager / Production Manager
To run the Super Vega & Knottex / Topmatic Knotting machines. This will include:
- Prioritising workload through the preparation area
- Identifying quality issues.
- Running the machines to their highest capabilities.
- Use of the rebeamer to minimise downtime.
To work closely with the production team to ensure machines are run to optimise output.
- Assistance in all areas of the weaving shed to ensure maximum efficiency
- Liaising with the Shed Manager to minimise downtime
- Knowledge & usage of Super Vega drawing in machine & Knottex/ Topmatic Knotting Machines.
To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures. This will specifically include:
- Ensuring that all machines are maintained and cleaned and that this check is recorded
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained.
- Adhering to all C.O.S.H.H. guidelines
- Ensuring that all personal protective equipment as issued is used
The post holder will be required to perform duties appropriate to the post, other than those given in this job description. The particular duties and responsibilities attached to the post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the duties or the level of the responsibilities entailed.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW