Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
National Minimum Wage
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HQ
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Abraham Moon & Sons has a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria
succeeded to the British throne. We are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills
in the United Kingdom – we take the finest quality raw wool and produce the finest quality cloth
A textile technologist carries out a range of technical, investigative and quality-control work to make sure the end product performs to specifications.
Reports to Laboratory Supervisor, then Quality Manager.
- Assisting in the day to day quality control testing of fabrics and yarns to British Standards.
- Preparation and testing of samples ensuring quality in areas such as strength, durability, colourfastness and chemical resistance;
- Undertaking quality evaluations of materials and checking the quality of the final product;
- Operation of testing equipment
- Logging results into computer
- Recording, interpreting and evaluating of test results
- Supporting Laboratory Supervisor in tasks related to the upkeep of UKAS and M&S documentation
- Support Quality Manager with investigations needed for Quality problems or complaints.
- Laboratory Supervisor
- Quality Manager
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good colour vision (required to pass a colour blindness test)
- Good organizational skill
- Good presentational skills will be required to mount samples for visual assessment.
- Good eye for detail, required to cut fabric samples to set measurements, and prepare for testing procedures
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
- Good communication skills (nonverbal and verbal)
- Willing to learn new skills
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW