Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 1 day course is designed to educate employees in fire safety awareness. It is designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace including fire wardens/fire marshals. It will help increase the fire safety awareness of other employees.
The course will cover the follow areas:
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace and the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- How to identify the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- The different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- The principle of how fires are extinguished
- How portable firefighting equipment should be used safely
- Duties of employers & employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- How to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- The stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- The role and function of a fire warden
- The basic content of a fire safety briefing
This one day programme will conclude with a multiple choice assessment.
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, all candidates will receive a Qualsafe accredited certificate. Candidates will also receive a copy of the book Fire Safety Made Easy.
– An enjoyable & interesting day. I learned lots of information about fire safety and it helped having a tutor who used his own personal experience from working as a fire fighter”. Jeannie, Sept 16
– An excellent course & great overview of managing workplace fire safety. Relevant & felt able to ask lots of questions. Informative & done in a relaxed, no pressure way. Helen. May 2017.
– The course has made me more aware of potential risks in my everyday life/work & showed me what my company was doing right. The tutor was informative & liked to ask us questions. Codie. July 2017.
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises
Duration: 1 day programme. Start 9am – 4.30pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
Cost : £70 – Members / £90 non-members
This course is available on the following dates :
29th January 2018
28th March 2018
17th May 2018
16th July 2018
24th September 2018
14th November 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US