“The whole course was well explained and put into context. Phil was a great trainer – very engaging and being an ex-firefighter, he really knew his stuff!” Louise, January 2019.
Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 1 day course is designed to educate employees in fire safety awareness. It is designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace including fire wardens/fire marshals. It will help increase the fire safety awareness of other employees.
The course will cover the follow areas:
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace and the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- How to identify the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- The different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- The principle of how fires are extinguished
- How portable firefighting equipment should be used safely
- Duties of employers & employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- How to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- The stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- The role and function of a fire warden
- The basic content of a fire safety briefing
This one day programme will conclude with a multiple choice assessment.
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, all candidates will receive a Qualsafe accredited certificate. Candidates will also receive a copy of the book Fire Safety Made Easy.
“Fantastic course, given extra knowledge to upgrade our tasks at work going forward. It was clearly explained & the tutor gave time for questions to be asked whilst allowing the group to exchange points.” Mick, April 2019.
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises
Duration: 1 day programme. Start 9am – 4.30pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
This course is available on the following dates :
21st November 2019
22nd January 2020
31st March 2020
30th April 2020
29th June 2020
23rd September 2020
12th November 2020
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US