“I found the course easy to understand, the tutor was approachable & it was possible to ask questions at any time. It helped to identify areas within my workplace which need improving.” Karen. January 2018.
Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 1 day course is designed to educate employees in fire safety awareness. It is designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace including fire wardens/fire marshals. It will help increase the fire safety awareness of other employees.
The course will cover the follow areas:
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace and the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- How to identify the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- The different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- The principle of how fires are extinguished
- How portable firefighting equipment should be used safely
- Duties of employers & employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- How to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- The stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- The role and function of a fire warden
- The basic content of a fire safety briefing
This one day programme will conclude with a multiple choice assessment.
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, all candidates will receive a Qualsafe accredited certificate. Candidates will also receive a copy of the book Fire Safety Made Easy.
“The course was informative & interesting with plenty of interaction which stopped it being boring. It has helped instil in me a sense of responsibility for the attitudes of myself and co-workers in relation to fire safety.” Curtis, January 2018.
“A thought provoking day. I enjoyed Phil’s presentation of real world experience together with the video reality checks.” Steve, May 2018.
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises
Duration: 1 day programme. Start 9am – 4.30pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.