Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 1 day course is designed to educate employees in fire safety awareness. It is designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace including fire wardens/fire marshals. It will help increase the fire safety awareness of other employees.
The course will cover the follow areas:
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace and the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- How to identify the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- The different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- The principle of how fires are extinguished
- How portable firefighting equipment should be used safely
- Duties of employers & employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- How to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- The stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- The role and function of a fire warden
- The basic content of a fire safety briefing
This one day programme will conclude with a multiple choice assessment.
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, all candidates will receive a Qualsafe accredited certificate. Candidates will also receive a copy of the book Fire Safety Made Easy.
– The course was informative & interesting with plenty of interaction which stopped it being boring. It has helped instil in me a sense of responsibility for the attitudes of myself and co-workers in relation to fire safety. Curtis, January 2018.
-A thought provoking day. I enjoyed Phil’s presentation of real world experience together with the video reality checks. Steve, May 2018.
– I found the course easy to understand, the tutor was approachable & it was possible to ask questions at any time. It helped to identify areas within my workplace which need improving. Karen. January 2018.
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises
Duration: 1 day programme. Start 9am – 4.30pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
Cost : £70 – Members / £90 non-members
This course is available on the following dates :
22nd January 2019
25th March 2019
30th April 2019
26th June 2019
16th September 2019
21st November 2019
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US