Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 2 day course is suitable for those who work with or look after children, enabling them to have a basic knowledge of how to deal with paediatric first aid situations, illnesses, injuries & emergencies.
The Textile Centre of Excellence is a Qualsafe Approved Centre for course delivery.
This course covers the following areas:
- Understanding the roles & responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Incident & casualty assessment
- CPR and use of an AED (defibrillator)
- Recovery position
- Management of a seizure
- External bleeding, minor injuries, bites & stings
- Head, neck & back injuries
- Eyes, ears & nose conditions
- Recognition & management of diabetes, asthma, meningitis & convulsions
- Body temperature
- Electric shock
- Burns & scalds
- Poisonous substances
- Allergic reaction & anaphylaxis
Accreditation & Reward
Delegates attending the course will be assessed by the tutor throughout and will also need to complete 2 x multiple choice assessment forms. Following successful completion, you will be awarded a certificate accredited by Qualsafe.
Delegates are advised to wear comfortable clothing as you will be on the floor practicing CPR, body check & recovery position. Please do not wear a skirt/dress..
– Having done a paediatric first aid course before, it was a great refresher of my skills. Cheers Phil for a fantastic 2 days, don’t want to toot your horn too much but best course I’ve been on – thank you! Alex, January 2018.
– The course was helpful, I now feel that I could confidently administer first aid. Interesting content & an informative tutor with obvious real life experience. Jackie, May 2018.
-Phil’s approach & way of teaching – hands on, keeping the group focused with regular questions & true life stories. Plus the content was perfect – not too much detail & to the point. Lauren, July 2018.
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises (details available on request)
Duration: 2 day programme running from 9am – 4.30 pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
Cost : £115 – Members / £135 non-members
This course is available on the following dates :
23rd & 24th January 2019
26th & 27th March 2019
22nd & 23rd May 2019
9th & 10th July 2019
24th & 25th September 2019
26th & 27th November 2019
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US