Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 2 day course is suitable for those who work with or look after children, enabling them to have a basic knowledge of how to deal with paediatric first aid situations, illnesses, injuries & emergencies.
The Textile Centre of Excellence is a Qualsafe Approved Centre for course delivery.
This course covers the following areas:
- Understanding the roles & responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Incident & casualty assessment
- CPR and use of an AED (defibrillator)
- Recovery position
- Management of a seizure
- External bleeding, minor injuries, bites & stings
- Head, neck & back injuries
- Eyes, ears & nose conditions
- Recognition & management of diabetes, asthma, meningitis & convulsions
- Body temperature
- Electric shock
- Burns & scalds
- Poisonous substances
- Allergic reaction & anaphylaxis
Accreditation & Reward
Delegates attending the course will be assessed by the tutor throughout and will also need to complete 2 x multiple choice assessment forms. Following successful completion, you will be awarded a certificate accredited by Qualsafe.
Delegates are advised to wear comfortable clothing as you will be on the floor practicing CPR, body check & recovery position. Please do not wear a skirt/dress..
– A fabulous course delivered by an outstanding tutor. Phil was extremely knowledgeable, friendly & approachable. Elaine. March 2017.
– I found the course very informative. I enjoyed the informative & practical way it was delivered & the opportunity for discussion. Jennie. May 2017.
– The best first aid course I have attended. Covered everything accurately, clearly & within a good time scale. Good group & the tutor made it easy to understand – very clear & not rushed. Hayley. July 2017.
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises (details available on request)
Duration: 2 day programme running from 9am – 4.30 pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : 12
Cost : £115 – Members / £135 non-members
This course is available on the following dates :
30th & 31st January 2018
6th & 7th March 2018
23rd & 24th May 2018
11th & 12th July 2018
25th & 26th September 2018
27th & 28th November 2018
TO BOOK PLEASE COMPLETE THE FORM BELOW. TO MAKE AN ENQUIRY CONTACT US