Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 2 day course is suitable for those who work with or look after children, enabling them to have a basic knowledge of how to deal with paediatric first aid situations, illnesses, injuries & emergencies.
The Textile Centre of Excellence is a Qualsafe Approved Centre for course delivery.
This course covers the following areas:
- Understanding the roles & responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
- Incident & casualty assessment
- CPR and use of an AED (defibrillator)
- Recovery position
- Management of a seizure
- External bleeding, minor injuries, bites & stings
- Head, neck & back injuries
- Eyes, ears & nose conditions
- Recognition & management of diabetes, asthma, meningitis & convulsions
- Body temperature
- Electric shock
- Burns & scalds
- Poisonous substances
- Allergic reaction & anaphylaxis
Accreditation & Reward
Delegates attending the course will be assessed by the tutor throughout and will also need to complete 2 x multiple choice assessment forms. Following successful completion, you will be awarded a certificate accredited by Qualsafe.
Delegates are advised to wear comfortable clothing as you will be on the floor practicing CPR, body check & recovery position. Please do not wear a skirt/dress..
• “The course was extremely valuable, informative and will be applied within my workplace to assist the children & at home. I also enjoyed the communication between the group”. Emma, Nov 16
• “The course was very well delivered. Phil was fantastic at bringing it to a level that everyone understood & also the fact that it was a smaller group so everyone got to know each other and worked together.” Joanne, Sept 16
• “The course was relaxed & fun. Only having 6 in the group made it more personal and less uncomfortable. The venue, tutor & food was excellent!” Caroline, Sept 16
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises (details available on request)
Duration: 2 day programme running from 9am – 4.30 pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.