Luxury Yarns International Ltd
5 Scotchman Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD9 5DD
Company Employed By: Luxury Yarns International Ltd
Job Title: Logistics Administrator/Operator
Place of Work: 5 Scotchman Road, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD9 5DD
FT / PT: Full Time
Hours: Monday to Friday 0830 – 1730 with some flexibility required.
Reporting To: Managing Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: Transport and Warehouse Administration/Operations
The main function of this role is to work as part of a small transport and warehouse team to support an expanding transport and warehouse business.
- To liaise with customers by telephone and email to ensure a high level of customer service is maintained.
- Receiving/processing of orders and transport planning/administration.
- To keep both manual and electronic records for the company in line with administration procedures.
- Comply with health and safety regulations.
- Ability to prepare, analyse and interpret data.
- Understanding of customer systems and stock (Training given)
- To be able to cover driving during peak periods and demands of the business.
- Provide daily operational support and assist the warehouse operations.
- Proactive approach and interest in developing themselves and the business
- Produce correspondence on behalf of the company as and when requested including memos, emails, letters, faxes, invoices, delivery notes and shipping advice.
- Collate, receive, record and update information accurately.
- Produce accurate weekly/monthly reports using Excel.
- Ensure all electronic and paper documents are stored appropriately.
- Maintain office equipment, order and store stationary requirements.
- Implement effective administration systems within transport office.
- Respond to internal and external telephone calls, ensuring they are passed on to the appropriate person and take accurate telephone messages.
- Ensure all areas of work are kept clean and tidy at all times
Requirements of the job holder:
- It is essential this job holder holds a full driving license and authorises the company to check the licence with the DVLA every 6 months.
- Maintain a high standard of communication and confidentiality.
- Required to communicate on a regular basis with team members.
- Confident in the use of Microsoft Office programmes in particular Word, Excel and Email.
- Understand all office procedures and to be confident in managing the day to day running of the office when working alone.
- Flexibility is essential as this is a busy operation with a small team, everyone is expected to be ‘hands on’.
- You need to be fit and healthy as there is some heavy lifting.
- Essential FLT licenced
- Ideally / Desirable – Class 2 licensed.
Upload your CV below