Abraham Moon & Sons
Netherfield Road, Guiseley, Leeds, LS20 9PD
Abraham Moon & Sons has a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria succeeded to the British throne. We are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills in the United Kingdom – we take the finest quality raw wool and produce the finest quality cloth and accessories.
Loom Technician Trainee
To work as part of a team within the weaving department. Working alongside the Weaving Tuners/Weaving Manager to ensure full training is given in the following areas:
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedure
- Learn all technical aspects of loom management
- Train to have full responsibility for a share of loom while keeping quality and efficiency to a high level
- Learn all aspects of cloth manufacturing
- Prepare looms for jobs to be ready for twisting in.
- Learn an understanding of quality fabrics and how to produce them.
- After a period, you will train to become a full Loom Technician.
- Become a key member of the team and develop with the business / department.
Duties will include
- Learn to oversee manufacturing operations.
- Learn to maintain a clean and tidy work area
- Complete in house and external training.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations.
- Follow to the best of your ability all instructions given to you by the management team.
- Prepare to undergo full training program in the up and Europe
- Other duties, which are deemed suitable.
The role will involve training through the Apprenticeship programme.
Attributes and Experience
- Having the ambition to have a long-term career plan.
- Mechanical or engineering background is desirable
- Educated to A Level Standard
- Positive attitude to work and learning, possessing a ‘can do’ mentality.
- Flexibility towards working.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW