Corporation Mill, Corporation St, Sowerby Bridge HX6 2QQ
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisors this role is responsible for the efficient production of drapes within the Manufacturing department working as part of a small team of seamstresses & cutters. The role predominantly revolves around ordering, measuring and cutting fabric to enable drapes to be made and maneuvering said fabric around the work room to and from the seamstresses as required ensuring efficient movement of orders at all times with focus on quality rather than quantity with a high level of accuracy in measurement and fault identification required.
- Review works order specifications and order required fabric from the warehouse upon receipt of order as required.
- Measure, cut and inspect fabric supplied from the warehouse to the required specification and size clearly labelling fabric with order number.
- Supply cut fabric / jobs to seamstresses to ensure smooth and efficient progress through the workroom, squaring any part processed drapes and folding them when complete.
- When required on specification apply ancillary items to the drapes including jack chain & eyelets.
- Ensure every drape leaving the manufacturing floor is inspected against the required specification and any problems communicated to your Supervisor.
- Complete the carrier list required for dispatch on a daily basis and ensure all drapes leaving manufacturing have correct identification on them.
- Follow correct manufacturing procedures at ALL times and report any discrepancies to your Supervisor immediately. If at any time you are unsure, ask your Supervisor.
- Ensure all work time is scanned using the hand held scanners including productive and non-productive time and a written record of jobs carried out is completed. Any problems with scanning time should be immediately reported to your Supervisor so this can be adjusted.
- When attending work, either on or off site always ensure Company work wear provided is worn.
- Ensure personal work space is kept clean and tidy at all times and when required assist with departmental cleaning as instructed by your Supervisor.
- Maintain a basic level of Health & Safety in all work practices and ensure where necessary any supplied PPE is utilized.
- Participate in and promote any Company schemes or Policies as and when required to further the development of the department and /or Company. In all work and practices ensure the J&C Joel values are exhibited.
- Challenge existing work practices within the department to improve service and efficiency levels ensuring the Manufacturing Supervisors are kept informed at all times.
- Any other ad-hoc duties considered reasonable, as requested by the Manufacturing Production Manager.
The above duties, albeit being quite specific, are not all exhaustive and there may be times when other requirements are expected to carry out the role of Manufacturing Supervisor to the expectations of the Company.
Quality driven and a fine eye for detail.
Punctual & reliable.
Basic computer knowledge.
Good fitness levels are essential considering the physical nature of the work.
Ability to follow detailed written instructions based on quality specifications is essential.
Previous experience of working as part of a small team carrying out skilled or semi-skilled work in the textile industry.
UPLOAD YOUR CV AND COVERING LETTER BELOW