Abraham Moon & Sons
Netherfield Mills Netherfield Road, Leeds LS20 9PD
Abraham Moon & Sons is in its 181st year. They are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical woollen mills in the UK, turning raw wool into fine cloth for apparel, furnishings and fashion & household accessories.
The hours are 39 per week, Monday to Friday
8am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8am to 4pm, Friday
Mill shutdown holidays – 30 days per annum including bank holidays
Salary upon application to Newman Stewart
Their enviable sales growth in recent years has been supported by significant investment in personnel and equipment.
In addition to the administrative functions, warehousing and despatch, their manufacturing processes include:
• Fibre dying and bending.
• Carding, spinning and winding of yarn.
• A variety of wet and dry cloth finishing processes.
• Inspection & packaging processes.
Due to internal restructuring, the company have need for a Quality Manager to further improve its quality systems in its drive for continuous improvement.
The role and responsibilities
• To quickly gain an understand the manufacturing and operational processes.
• Lead the development and creation of a working Quality improvement strategy.
• With departmental managers, to develop documented standard operating procedures.
• To implement a closed-loop system for auditing operating procedures against SOP documents and reviewing after any
• Lead or support teams to implement permanent corrective actions to quality issues.
• Gather and share meaningful quality information as part of a monthly report to Directors and the management team.
• Manage the laboratory and four staff.
• Take the lead in maintaining UKAS and customer accreditations.
• Manage and hold responsibility for the Company’s REACh compliance structure.
• Maintain and improve the company yarn specification library.
• Have the confidence to deal with suppliers, customers and third parties on matters of quality.
• Lead the Quality Meeting to drive continuous improvement.
• Hold responsibility for the Company’s Internal Quality Reporting system.
• Support managers / supervisors and shop floor staff and provide technical support where necessary.
• Collect and present data on Non Conformances to identify where improvements are necessary.
• Textile experience in a Quality Assurance Role – preferably some Woollen woven fabric experience.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Mentally tough and resilient with the confidence to hold his or her own position when necessary.
• A good team player.
• Experienced in Quality Assurance activities and in ensuring technical compliance.
• Experienced in Project Management of technical and process improvements.
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001 or similar quality system.
• Proven ability to implement changes within a manufacturing environment.
• Well Organised.
• Persuader and motivator.
• Team Player.
• Numerate and proficient with MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Applicants to apply to: Steve Bennett: firstname.lastname@example.org