Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Mills Netherfield Road Guiseley Leeds LS20 9PA
Brief overview of the role
An amazing opportunity has arisen at Abraham Moon & Sons. They have a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria succeeded to the British throne. As a textile technologist, you will carry out a range of technical, investigative and quality-control work to make sure the end product performs to specifications.
- Assisting in the day to day quality control testing of Fabrics to British Standards.
- Preparation and testing of samples ensuring quality in areas such as strength, durability, colourfastness, and water and chemical resistance;
- Undertaking quality evaluations of materials and checking the quality of the final product;
- Operation of testing equipment
- Logging results into computer
- Ensuring all test information recorded
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
No experience required as full training will be given but GCSE grade C minimum in Maths and English Language (or equivalent) are preferred.
- Strong sense of customer service
- Good colour vision (required to pass a colour blindness test)
- Good organizational skill
- Good presentational skills will be required to mount samples for visual assessment.
- Good eye for detail, required to cut fabric samples to set measurements, and prepare for testing procedures.
- Good communication skills (nonverbal and verbal)
- Proficient with Microsoft word, excel and Office based programmes
- Willing to learn new skills
Move to be a trained QC Technician or move to another role within the business
Training to be provided
In-company training given. Apprenticeship delivered one-to-one on company premises and consisting of:
- Competency qualification (NVQ) Employer rights & Responsibilities Functional Skills
- Apprenticeship framework
Please provide covering letter, including answers to the questions below.
- What has interested you in applying for this role?
- What qualities can you bring to this role?
Upload your CV below.