Junction Mills, Skipton Rd, Cross Hills, Keighley BD20 7SE
Fixed term 12-month contract
Responsible for fabric development team at Burberry Mill ensuring sample requests are delivered on time and meet the requested aesthetic, cost, quality and end-use requirements.
- Working proactively with internal production and head office teams including; Category, Development, Raw Material and Sourcing to ensure successful end to end development of Fabric from initial concept through to finished cloth, in line with creative brief.
- Responsible for protecting the Burberry aesthetic by utilising in depth product knowledge, taking ownership of fabric development process end-to-end, and ensuring quality and attention to detail is maintained
- Responsible for owning and managing the Critical Path from concept to pre-production and managing the development end to end timelines. This includes taking accountability for implementing the Critical Path and ensuring deadlines and any last-minute requests are adhered to.
- Responsible for delivering samples on time to a high-quality level, within target cost price range, to achieve target margin. This includes taking responsibility to raise awareness where there is a risk of not achieving and working with the relevant stakeholder to find solutions and enablers.
- To provide information and resolve problems that arise during and after the development of the fabric
- Continually seek to evolve the way we approach product development, improving processes, evolving how the team provide technical advice/solutions and further improve efficiencies. This may include encouraging a team culture of problem solving, sense of urgency, ownership and continuous improvement of quality
- Degree in woven textile design
- Previous experience in yarn dyeing and finishing of fabric
- Creative flair with the ability to interpret seasonal palettes
- Expectation of need to travel to our London head office frequently
- High level of technical product knowledge, development expertise and solid experience within woven textiles
- Solution and results oriented. Demonstrated ability to go above and beyond, with a can-do attitude.
- Expert communication and diplomacy skills. Including the ability to influence and negotiate with credibility at senior levels within the organisation.
- Ability to grasp information quickly and succinctly and effectively share information with the team in a clear, concise manner, including any follow up required
- Ability to anticipate and plan ahead, escalating issues in advance (if needed)
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity and handle (themselves and their team) effectively under pressure
- Agile: Thrive on change, with demonstrated experience in driving change across the team to evolve product quality and delivery, ideally with a lean approach
- Instilling a culture of innovation, collaboration, accountability and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated expertise in communicating and influencing with cross functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to drive a team culture with a sense of urgency and flexibility, ownership, and a proactive approach to provide innovative solutions on the spot to Design
- Demonstrated high level of commercial awareness and managing product development cost, operating with professionalism. Able to achieve a balance between creativity and commercial implications throughout the fabric development process
- Team management experience
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW