Unit 1 Matrix Court, Leeds, LS11 5WB
Brief overview of the role
An excellence opportunity has arisen for a Sewing and Finisher Apprentice to join our team. Operating on a variety of sewing and finishing equipment for the manufacture of textile products.
The opportunity is ideal for someone looking for a hands on, practical job with a career opportunity to grow and develop with the company
- Operating Sewing Machine equipment
- Using various Fabric Cutting equipment to separate the garment
- Converting cloth to certain products by Product Finishing
- Using various Finishing equipment
- Working in Sewing Department
- Working in Finishing Department
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
No experience required as full training will be given but GCSE grade C minimum in Maths and English Language (or equivalent) are preferred.
If shortlisted for this vacancy, you may need to attend more than one interview, you also have the option to work flexibly as part of this role
Northern Flags is the UK arm of Europe’s leading flag, banner, parasol and fabric printer Faber Vlaggen. The company owns a number of Screen and Digital production facilities in Europe and the Far East.
In Leeds the company has recently invested in new specialist printing facility that allows us to print on Fabrics; Display Boards; PVC and even Metals. It is also the base for the UK Sales and Operations departments. Northern Flags is currently the fastest growing division within the group and has ambitious plans for the future. We are seeking a candidate who can share our ambition and assist in our growth.
- Sewing Machine operation
- Fabric cutting
- High level of attention to detail
The candidate will ideally work towards gaining the relevant qualifications to fulfil role. With a successful candidate upon completion of training then entering permanent employment with Northern Flags.
Training to be provided
In-company training given. Apprenticeship delivered one-to-one on company premises and consisting of:
- Competency qualification (NVQ) Employer rights & Responsibilities Functional Skills
- Apprenticeship framework
Please provide covering letter, including answers to the questions below.
- What has interested you in applying for this role?
- If you do not live locally, explain why you have applied and how you will travel
Upload your CV below.