To be agreed upon appointment
Unit 7e, Easton Way, Catterick Garrison, DL9 4GA
Brief overview of the role
Our company print and manufacture banners, flags and display systems for the event and exhibition industry. The majority of our systems are printed onto textile media and all these need sewing as part of the manufacture and finishing process.
- To learn to thread up a flat bed industrial sewing machines and twin needle machines.
- To operate the same under supervsion
- To learn the basic sewing techniques needed for our standard products.
- To learn to cut out material accurately with a rotary cutter
- To lean to operate a hot air seam sealing machine
- To pick, pack and package finished product
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- Candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
Ideally, you should hold a C grade (or equivalent) in Maths & English.
- Good sewing skills
- Basic machine maintenance
- A can do mentality
Our sewers are exceptionally experienced and skilled and skills learnt from these people will make you a valuable member of any sewing team. We are a small company, so you will have the opportunity to sample all areas of the business. Skills learnt at any of these disciplines will make you a very valuable member of any team.
Nuwave Display are expanding fast and these skills will also make you a valuable member of the Nuwave team in particular and our hope is that you will stay with us for the long term.
Training to be provided
In-company training given. Apprenticeship delivered one-to-one on company premises and consisting of:
- Competency qualification (NVQ) Employer rights & Responsibilities
- Functional Skills
- Apprenticeship framework
Please provide covering letter, including answers to the questions below.
What has interested you in applying for this role?
What are your ambitions for the next five years?
Upload your CV below.