IFG Drake Ltd
Golcar, Huddersfield, HD7 4JG
0113 285 2202
Reporting to the Shift Manager, the key contribution of the Shift Operator is the safe and efficient running of production lines, ensuring that production is carried out within agreed timescales and quality levels, working with other members of the shift team to carry out all necessary tasks to ensure production Is maximised and downtime is minimised whilst ensuring a safe operating environment at all times.
- Responsibility for their own safety and the safety of their colleagues.
- Responsibility for the efficient and safe operation of production lines within their respective discipline.
- Carrying out all safety, production and daily checks, as required.
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained and that areas are kept in a safe operating condition.
- Maintaining and producing fibre to correct standards and quality as determined by customer requirements.
- Complying with all issued Safe Systems of Work.
- Adherence to all safety rules.
- Carrying out all reasonable duties as required by the Shift Manager.
- Reporting of hazards, near misses, incidents and unsafe practices.
- Accurate recording of data on production log sheets
- Recording of laps identified on each machine within their department.
- Adherence to rules within the Company Handbook.
- Commensurate with experience, a willingness and ability to train other members of staff within the department.
The challenge facing the Shift Operator is working to production schedules whilst adhering to HSE and production related activities in a noisy operating environment.
The post demands the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people from a variety of backgrounds. The job requires a logical approach, good interpersonal skills together with an understanding of Process and Personal Risk issues in the operating environment.
Due to the scope of work covered, the ability to multi task and prioritise is key in order to deliver against challenging targets and tight schedules but within a safe operating environment.
The post holder will also require a degree of specialist knowledge about the production lines to enable a pragmatic approach to safety and production issues in order for them to function in. a safe, efficient and effective manner.
- Literate and numerate to be able to complete record sheets
- Willingness to attend training courses as required by the role
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Good attention to detail
- Trained FLT operator
- Good team player
IFG Drake is part of the International Fibres Group, IFG and is a leading worldwide manufacturer of polypropylene, polyethylene, polyamide fibre and filament yarn.
The role of the Shift Operator deals with either of the sites at Leeds and Huddersfield.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bias for action – does things before being asked to or forced to by events.
- Personal behaviours and leadership – Sets examples for others to follow.
- Partnership and team working – working with others in producing a pragmatic approach to safety and production solutions.
- Managing risk and troubleshooting, to minimise or mitigate the risks.
- Taking the lead – Willingly takes the lead when challenges occur.
- Taking the lead – Coaches others to help their development.
Our shift pattern is a rotating 4 on 4 off system, for example:
4 days on, 4 days off then 4 nights on, 4 days off and on continuing in this 8 day cycle pattern.
RATE OF PAY
Starting rate £19,500 per annum approx.
Rising to £22,000 per annum approx.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW