U & I Recruitment Ltd
16 Castle Blvd, Nottingham NG7 1FL
0115 948 7979
Our client is the leading UK manufacturer of commercial fabrics for interiors, health, education, transport and retail. They are a global business with offices and clients around the world and have won a number of leading industry awards for their innovative and sustainable production. They now have an opportunity based in Yorkshire for a Technical Development Manager.
Technical Development Manager – The Role:
- In conjunction with the Head of Technical set the technical vision and drive the 2-5-year strategy for the development process.
- To understand fully the strengths and opportunities for improvement within the Group and support the Head of Technical.
- In conjunction with the Creative Director, Design & Quality teams support the Head of Technical in taking responsibility for putting in place a technical strategy ensuring that the knowledge and understanding of the internal and external environment is adequate to support the decision-making process.
- Successfully implement new products in line with published Critical Success Factors to deliver the Company’s continued Strategic Goals.
- Provide assistance to the Head of Technical in the development of our technical vision, providing the relevant expertise and insight required.
- Working collaboratively with insight provided from product management to help shape and create product opportunities into tangible market leading products.
- Provide consistent support to the Head of Technical Development and Creative
- To provide technical expertise and support from concept to feasible stages for all textiles within the business.
- Work with the internal design, innovation and supply chain teams and suppliers in the sourcing of new and sourced product, ensuring technical performance and fitness for purpose.
- Always be aware of legislative changes which could impact on fabric performance and share these changes with relevant personnel.
- To manage the effective handover of technical projects to Product Management and Quality at feasible stage.
- To share in the overseeing of the management and administration of environmental labels, ensuring all information is accurate and responsible for the Creation of Control Plans for new products.
- To always ensure that innovation and environmental sustainability remains the focus of everything the business does.
- Ensure all products are fit for purpose and meet the required performance specifications, environmental aspects, aesthetics and costs as the product development request details.
- To write the manufacturing specifications of developed products and maintain accurate records of all developments for reference.
- To ensure that information on manufacturing specifications, Scotweave, CMS and the Stage-gate system are accurate and up to date. decisions to lead and drive the new technical proposals, working in conjunction with design to agree and present collaboratively to Creative Director.
- Together with the Head of Technical lead, drive and nurture collaborations with likeminded and industry recognised technical developers and companies who compliment and strengthen the business product range and ethos.
- Represent and promote the business, when requested, at industry events, preparing and giving talks to customers promoting the Brand and with customers as appropriate acting as an ambassador.
- In conjunction with the Head of Technical establish and develop relationships with influential creatives worldwide, maintaining contact and building relationships to gather the latest information on future product requirements.
- To advise both external and internal customers on technical performance of products and provide expertise in line with individual customer requirements.
- To ensure responses to customer enquiries and documentation pertaining to sustainability are answered correctly and efficiently by the Technical Development Team.
- Advise and guide marketing on technical matters ensuring accurate information is provided.
- Show an expert understanding of the global textile market and make informed
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels as will be interacting with all areas of the business
- Attention to detail
- Highly organised and methodical approach, with time management skills and ability to work to deadlines
- Hands on approach to work
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent colour acuity
- Technical textile expertise and education.
- In depth technical knowledge of fibres, yarns, constructions and finishes.
- Drive and energy with an ability to inspire, lead and motivate others.
- The ability to work independently with passion and drive whilst demonstrating high levels of resilience and energy.
- Strong, successful and proven interpersonal skills utilised for effective communication internally and externally.
- Highly competitive package that reflects the position.
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
By applying for this role you will be asked to consent to the u&i Recruitment GDPR Policy
Please send your CV to email@example.com call 0115 948 7979