Camira Fabrics Ltd
Meltham Mills, Meltham Mills Rd, Meltham, Holmfirth HD9 4AF
Camira are a global market leader, specialising in the design and manufacture of high performance textiles for commercial interiors and transportation. You’ll have seen our fabrics used countless times already on trains, underground, buses and coaches, and in places like cinemas, offices, hotels, banks and retail.
We are seeking Technical Manufacturing Apprentices to work across our Meltham and Huddersfield sites to learn all aspects of textile manufacturing from Yarn production through to weaving and finishing our end product.
Working towards being a Textile Manufacturer you will gain experience in different departments within Camira. Some of the things you will learn/do are:
1) Machine Operative
2) Adhering to Quality and Health & Safety standards
3) Learning about textile processes
4) Understanding the processing of our raw materials through to end product
5) Learn about the compliance and technical specifications
You must have a desire to work as part of a team in an international textile manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- Vacancy is based in a small team, therefore candidate expected to work using own initiative
- Candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
Grade 5 or C in English and Math
A helpful and friendly approach is essential
The successful completion of the Apprenticeship could lead to roles within the manufacturing sites at any part of the production process.
May also lead to higher level apprenticeships for the right candidates
THINGS TO CONSIDER
Following an initial period your wage may increase on your birthday (dependant upon age)
Vacancy is based in a semi rural area / public transport links are limited
If shortlisted for this vacancy, you may need to attend more than one interview
Job involves standing for long periods / using heavy equipment / lifting
Job Type: Apprenticeship
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW