Alfred Brown (Worsted Mills) Ltd
Empire Mills, Mill Lane, Leeds, LS13 3HG
7.30 to 16.30 Monday to Thursday – Then Friday 7.30 to 14.15
Total hours per week: 40.00
Brief overview of the role
Identifying faults and damages in woven fabric and repairing them to the high standard required. Good hand to eye co-ordination as well as good concentration levels are a necessity due to the fine nature of this work. An NVQ level 2 will be gained through Huddersfield Textile Training, with onsite tuition. Duties include:
- Inspect Cloth on a purpose built table
- Identify and manually weave/mend any faults in the weave
- Understand the weaving process to be able to mend the cloth
- Good hand to eye co-ordination
- High Concertation levels
- Ability to lift large pieces of cloth with another person
- Candidate must be enthusiastic
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable
- Vacancy is based in a large team, therefore candidates must work well in team situations
- Candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail
- Must have a methodical approach to new tasks and problems
No experience required as full training will be given. However, preference will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- GCSE grade C or equivalent in maths and English Language
Once a fully qualified mender, you be part of a team with us. We have been established for over 100 years and are one a few financially secure companies. Also, you will be in high demand, across Yorkshire as many companies always require new menders.
Questions for candidates
If you do not live locally, please explain why you are applying and whether you have your own transport.
What has interested you in applying for this role and what qualities can you bring?
Job Type: Apprenticeship
Upload your CV below.