WHAT IS A TRAINEESHIP?
A Traineeship is a training programme, with work experience, that can unlock the potential of young people aged 16-24. It helps prepare them for work and supports their career aspirations by making them “work ready”.
It includes a high-quality work experience placement, work preparation training and English and maths if needed. Traineeships give young people aged 16 to 24 the skills and experience that are required to move in to employment.
TRAINEESHIPS WILL HELP YOU
- Nurture the next generation.
- Develop a young, loyal and talented workforce.
- Your employees will have the opportunity to improve their mentoring and management skills by supporting a trainee.
- With recruitment and to engage with the local community.
WHAT WILL YOU NEED TO PROVIDE?
- A high quality work placement
- A safe and healthy working environment
- Sufficient support throughout the programme for the trainee including, reviews, feedback and mentoring
- An interview at the end of the programme for a position within your company, if one is available. If not, provide an exit interview with meaningful feedback and a reference
THE COSTS OF THE TRAINEESHIP
- Training costs are met by the government.
- You are not required to pay the young person but may want to support with travel costs and meals.
THE TEXTILE CENTRE TRAINEESHIP
9 week programme consisting of:
- Work preparation training accredited through City and Guilds
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required.
- A minimum 16 days’ work experience with a local employer.
We are looking for companies to offer opportunities for 20 day work placements (schedule below) that could lead to Apprenticeships or employment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org