A W Hainsworth & Sons Ltd
Spring Valley Mills, Stanningley, Pudsey LS28 6DW
0113 257 0391
Position: Picking and Packing Colleague
Team: Distribution/ Warehouse
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday daytime (39 hours per week)
Grade/Rate of Pay: Starting rate £8.37,
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our fast paced packing and distribution team. If you enjoy a physical job, working independently and being part of a team; this job could be right for you. As a Picking and Packing Colleague you will have a varied role dealing with the products that come in and go out of the warehouse.
Role and Responsibilities:
– Communication with the Sales team to co-ordinate customer orders.
– Picking and allocation of luxury and bespoke fabric products to printed pick sheets.
– Packing and labelling products ready for despatch.
– Use of mechanical rolling and folding machines.
– Regular stock control of allocated product area ensuring accuracy and maintenance of housekeeping at all times.
– Reporting and investigation of product stock discrepancies.
– Working with the Quality team to ensure that the department is continuously improving business standards.
Necessary skills needed for the role:
– Previous experience working in a picking, warehouse and distribution environment (minimum 1 year).
– Ability to clearly follow written and verbal instructions.
– Have a good eye for detail.
– Strong communication skills with the ability to work with a variety of departments.
– Computer literate, preferably at intermediate level.
– The capability to remain calm under pressure.
– A flexible and enthusiastic approach to work.
– The ability to prioritise and organise your own workload.
– FLT licence (desirable but not essential).
– Experience working within a textile manufacturing environment.
– Previous use of mechanical equipment.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW