Axminster Carpets Ltd
Axminster, Devon, England, EX13 5PQ
Involvement and input into production scheduling and planning to maximise efficiencies and quality and to Involvement and input into production scheduling and planning to maximise efficiencies and quality and to minimise wastage and costs.
• To continually monitor quality of carpet during weaving process, including utilising all electronic and mechanical devices that have been installed to maintain quality; continuous checking by eye (using knowledge and experience) is essential.
• To safely and efficiently operate our looms.
• To attend to any problems that may arise during production, e.g. yarn breakages, missing tufts, etc.
• To assist in changing, creel-filling and pulling-through to minimise down-time between product runs.
• To check there is sufficient yarn, and jute on the beams, to be able to complete the job before starting, or that plans are in place to replenish stocks during the run.
• To carry out basic tuning and maintenance tasks and to assist engineering staff on more specialised work .
• To maintain accurate records of carpet woven and the reasons for any stoppages and non-conformances.
• To carry out pre-start-up, running, and end of day checks on all equipment used.
• To keep the work area clean and tidy.
• To report any defects with equipment or processes.
• To positively contribute to continuous improvement in terms of safety, quality, efficiency and costs.
• To understand, engage and positively contribute to the achievement of departmental and Company KPIs.
• A good understanding of the various types of yarn, weave and carpets, and the common faults.
• A practical and mechanical aptitude to be able to make adjustments and fault-find.
• A level of literacy and numeracy sufficient to be able to understand production schedules, stock records and labels on products and stored items, and to complete any required paperwork.
• Keyboard skills for the entering of production, stock movements and other data.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• The ability to work as part of a team, with good comms. skills across a number of depts. and functions.
• A mature and proactive approach to health and safety within the workplace.
• Self-motivated with a responsible approach to work and training, and taking accountability for work done.
• The attitude and flexibility to be able to change priorities, work under time constraints, and to undertake any other duties that might reasonably be expected.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW