Westland Rd, Leeds LS11 5SN
0113 205 5200
Our Values & Behaviours:
Harrison Spinks is an award-winning, innovative and rapidly expanding business just 2 miles south of Leeds city centre. Harrison Spinks is an exciting and growing business: we encourage innovation and are proud of our quality. The company is highly vertically integrated from drawing its own wire, blending our own upholstery fillings and even owning a 300 acre farm to rear sheep and grow fibres for our natural fillings blends.
Innovation is tradition at Harrison Spinks. In the quest to align our processes and become ever more vertically integrated we are constantly testing and finding new ways to improve the way we make our products. We have our own team of development engineers to push the boundaries and new thinking is always encouraged.
Quality is key to our handmade comfort products and you’ll see that the entire team who work at Harrison Spinks take care in everything they do. Often we don’t do things because they are easier, they take time but it results in a superior product and everyone takes pride in their work.
Main Objectives & Learning
- To work as part of a team providing an efficient service within the weaving department with the purpose of maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe working environment through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures. This training specifically includes:
- Ensuring that the looms are only operated in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions;
- Ensuring that a high standard of housekeeping is maintained, with particular emphasis and
notice taken of oil or grease spillages;
- Adhering to all COSHH guidelines;
- Ensuring that all safety devices where fitted are checked daily before starting work;
- Ensuring that all personal protective equipment as issued is used.
- To ensure the efficient running of all looms within the weaving department.
- To ensure that all start-up jobs are checked for quality, design etc. (in conjunction with the
loom tuner) to confirm designs are correct prior to commencing production.
- To patrol the looms regularly, in order to maintain production and quality levels. To
identify and repair any faults such as broken ends, picks and similar problems. To stop the loom as soon as quality or design problems arise, and report such problems to the Loom Tuner as soon as possible to ensure minimal cloth damage and machine down-time.
- Tie on jacquard and selvedge bobbins in loom as required.
- A high degree of flexibility is required to operate a number of different loom types, and also fulfil a variety of tasks such as, pin dropping, filling weft creel’s, returning woven fabrics and similar duties. These tasks are determined by the Weaving Manager based on production requirements.
- Good listening skill
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to learn.
- A hardworking and enthusiastic attitude
- High motivation
- The ability to work independently
Benefits of working for Harrison Spinks:
- Good rates of pay
- 30 days holidays (incl. bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- Contributory pension scheme
- On-site funded restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Local gym membership special offers
- Training and development
Please send your CV and covering letter stating your availability and a summary as to why we should hire you to: