Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HQ
Abraham Moon & Sons has a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria
succeeded to the British throne. We are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills
in the United Kingdom – we take the finest quality raw wool and produce the finest quality cloth
Job Description – Weaving Inspection Perch Operative
A Perch is a machine or wooden frame over which a fabric is inspected for faults, illuminated from behind by natural or artificial light.
To work as part of a team providing an efficient service within the weaving department with the purpose of maximising weaving and other operating efficiencies.
Mainly responsible for:
• Threading woven fabric over frame and inspects for faults. Marking up faults as found.
• Ensuring Weaver or Tuner aware of faults.
• Putting measurements and weight into Reflex application on computer.
• Checking for specification errors on system and informing Manager is concerned.
• Marking up on Polymer ticket is needs to be checked on mending table.
• Transporting checked pieces to the mending department using trolley/lift
• Other duties suitable for the role.
Attributes and Experience
• Attention to detail.
• Good literacy/numeracy skills
• Excellent timekeeping.
• Full capacity to recognise and distinguish between different colours.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW