Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HQ
Founded in 1837 and with our roots in apparel, we are one of the last remaining vertical woollen mills in Great Britain, with a reputation for consistent quality and innovative design. UK manufacturer of luxury wool fabrics for apparel, domestic and contract furnishings, and accessories.
• Provide leadership and management to all weaving staff on a shift rotating basis, currently (6am – 2pm and 2pm – 10pm).
• Manage and maintain to the highest standards a clean and safe environment under the guidelines from the Cloth Production Manager and the company H&S guidelines.
• Oversee the production of all woven fabrics to achieve production levels using efficiency and capacity targets set with the Cloth Production Manager.
• Be part of the management team to implement change and promote a ‘right first time, no fault’ forward approach to quality.
The Role – The ensure continuously –
• The team are aware of day to day performance targets, goals and responsibilities.
• Provide regular feedback to the team on various levels of performance.
• Identify and resolve workplace issues across all working hours.
• All machines are operating efficiently and minimize downtime and this is recorded on correct documentation/system and reported.
• With the Cloth Production manager be able to develop better manufacturing techniques, implement a plan of improvement and put it into practice.
• Ensure that team follows manufacturing procedures and comply with quality requirements.
• Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are completed and up-to-date.
• Team members are fully trained to the standards and monitor the team following SOPs.
• Production is to the correct specifications using current systems and identifying improvements where needed. Identify ‘continuous improvement’ opportunities.
• Work to ensure people and resources are applied in an efficient and effective manner to meet delivery targets whilst achieving the quality and safety standards that are required.
• All H&S requirements are adhered to, including PPE and hearing protection.
• Assist with carrying out incident, accident investigations.
• Undertake training and development (if required).
• Manage all department training with focus on the structure and timing to ensure a full training path for all staff involved.
• Specifically monitor the training program to ensure all apprentice staff complete training to the correct industry standard and complete a full set of tasks agreed with the Cloth Production Manager and ensure the staff are fully compliant in all areas.
• Maintain all machines in accordance to a weekly/monthly/annual designed system.
• Fully implement the weaving plan, issue tickets, passing bits. Ensure all tickets are correct for production.
Knowledge and skills necessary:
• Weaving knowledge is needed / a background in design / other related departments are applicable.
• The ability to manage and lead a team.
• Confidence to implement change and develop / improve the department.
• An understanding of the importance of standards to ensure quality standards are met
• A good eye for detail.
• Ability to communicate well, including appropriate use of computer software.
• Textile based qualifications / relevant experience needed.
• Quality – Ability to identify problems and resolve them effectively
• Communication – Anticipates the needs of others when communicating and checks for understanding
• People Development – Enables others to succeed through taking every opportunity to coach them through new situations
• Leadership – Is able to make difficult decisions and follow them through
• Improving the Business – Promotes improvement and changes, to others
• Commercial Acumen – Has an understanding of the management and cost of service delivery
• Organising Work/Time – Delivers projects on time to budget and within scope
• Can Do approach – Has enthusiastic drive and self-confidence which motivates others
• Openness and Integrity – Encourages an environment of openness and honesty
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW