Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HQ
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
Job Description – Weaving Technician Apprentice
To work as part of a team within the weaving department. Working alongside the Weaving Tuners/Weaving Manager to ensure full training is given in the following areas:
Abraham Moon & Sons has a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria
succeeded to the British throne. We are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills
in the United Kingdom – we take the finest quality raw wool and produce the finest quality cloth
• Learn all aspects of textile manufacturing and weaving.
• Prepare looms for jobs to be ready for twisting in.
• Learn to maintain a clean and tidy work area.
• Learn an understanding of quality fabrics and how to produce them.
• After a period of time you will train to become a full weaving / Loom Technician.
• Become a key member of the team and develop with the business / department.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
• Learn to oversee manufacturing operations.
• Complete in house and external training.
• Comply with all company policies and regulations.
• Follow to the best of your ability all instructions given to you by the management team.
The role will involve training through the Apprenticeship programme.
Attributes and Experience
• Basic GSCE expectation of English and math at C/4 and above.
• Positive attitude to work and learning. We want a ‘what can I do’ mentality.
• Flexibility towards working.
• Other duties which are deemed suitable.
• Adhere to all Health & Safety policies and procedure
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW