Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HQ
Abraham Moon have been creating fine woollen cloth from our base in Guiseley, Yorkshire, ever since our establishment in 1837. With over 180 years of proud British manufacturing and design heritage to our name, we’re now one of Britain’s last remaining vertical woollen mills.
We create our collections with a balance between innovative design & traditional craft, maintaining our position at the forefront of commercial trends with consistent high quality. Our passion for distinction remains as strong now as ever, carrying the message of what it truly means to be ‘Made in Yorkshire’.
We are seeking to recruit a Yarn Purchaser and Planner to work within our logistics and planning team to support our continued growth. As well as making our own high quality yarns to weave our cloth, we buy a variety of specialist yarns from a select number of domestic and international yarn producers. To be successful in this role you will have gained experience from working in one or more of the following functions; procurement, scheduling, planning or production within a textile manufacturer, a yarn producer, a stockist or an importer who use woollen and / or natural fibre yarns.
– To report to and follow the instruction of the Yarn Purchasing Manager
– To purchase yarn to the correct specification
– To ensure we have the correct yarn ‘on time in full’ to meet the production requirements
– To liaise with preferred suppliers to ensure future availability of the required yarns in the right volumes and at the right price
– To understand and manipulate data using both MS Excel and ReflexData (Mertex) Software to control and manage internal stocks and to create demand for internal manufacturing and external suppliers
– To work with the Yarn Purchasing Manager and the production team to find ways to improve processes
– To operate in a safe manner through the strict adherence to company health and safety rules and procedures.
– Any other duties as requested by the Yarn Purchasing Manager that are deemed within your abilities and to the benefit of the business.
– Undertake training and development (as required).
Knowledge and skills necessary:
– Three – five years’ experience working with woollen and/or natural fibre yarns.
– HNC or equivalent in Textiles or related industry (desirable)
– Highly numerate and proficient at manipulating and presenting data
– Proficient with MS Excel and Word
– Experienced with Reflex Data (Mertex) software is highly advantageous
– To have good working knowledge of yarn count systems
– To have a good working knowledge of fibres / fibre types
– A good eye for detail.
– Ability to communicate well, including appropriate use of computer software.
– Can Do approach – Has enthusiastic drive, showing ambition and self-confidence.
– Openness and Integrity – Encourages an environment of openness and honesty.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW