Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HQ
Abraham Moon & Sons has a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria succeeded to the British throne. We are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills in the United Kingdom – we take the finest quality raw wool and produce the finest quality cloth and accessories.
The Accessories department is responsible for the processing and packing of throws, scarves, stoles, cushions etc. Working closely with the Accessories Supervisor to ensure accuracy and delivery in a timely manner.
- Folding from a picking sheet which items have already been picked from stock items or straight from the slitter.
- Check weave is going one way, not different ways – normally to the right.
- Folding to ensure fringing in line. Cut any excess lengths of fringing.
- Continuing to fold as per customer requirements.
- Get piece end number from the department card system and add card description before putting in stock or out to the customer.
- Packing from the picking sheet which has already been through picking, folding and machinist areas.
- Ensuring that accessory items are refolded and packed in the correct way ready for distribution.
- The type of packaging used depends on the customer requirements. Usually packed into plastic bags or into pre-prepared cardboard boxes.
- Labelling the product to the customers’ requirements.
- Embroidery of product to customer specifications (if applicable) from set program.
- May be involved in performing quality control checks.
- May be required to operate computers to check records and/or print labels.
- Need to learn all products designs to ensure accuracy of packing.
- Ensure product is packed for shows / exhibitions.
- Other duties as deemed part of the role.
Key skills necessary:
- Good colour vision (required to pass a colour blindness test)
- Good eye for detail
- Basic IT skills desirable
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW