Every business needs to have managers who are able to handle disciplinary issues in the workplace effectively. Ensuring your people know what is expected of them and the rules within which they operate is key to getting the best results from your employees. Successful businesses know that disciplinary procedures are an aid to effective management, enabling them to resolve issues quickly and cheaply rather than being used simply as a mechanism for imposing sanctions.
Suitable for leaders & managers who need to have a good working knowledge of discipline and grievance procedures, essential if potentially disruptive issues are to be resolved in the workplace rather than spilling over into a potentially costly employment tribunal.
- Have an understanding of disciplinary and grievance processes and how they can be used to manage under-performance
- Have practiced having difficult conversations with employees, who are under-performing, have high sickness levels and who have lodged grievances against people or processes.
- Be able to investigate disciplinary issues and grievances
- Know how to set clear performance objectives and performance improvement plans
NB: Attendees will be asked to bring along a copy of their own organisations grievance and disciplinary policy & procedures to facilitate comparison and discussion during this event
– The course was great and I have gained more knowledge on HR procedures. I enjoyed watching the videos of scenarios that could happen. Luke. March 2016
– The course provided me with a lot useful knowledge beneficial to my new role. The mock tribunal was useful as it showed a potential example & gave much more context to the course material. Adam. June 2016
– The course has helped consolidate my existing knowledge & will give me more confidence in my role. I enjoyed the class discussions, being able to ask questions & not feel like anything wasn’t relevant. Helen. March 2017
Delivered on company premises with a maximum of 12 per group, this programme is a taught, classroom based programme, providing learners with a sound knowledge base to use in their workplace. It is delivered by qualified professionals with specific industry experience. Programmes can be tailored to the specific needs of a client where necessary. Delegates attending will receive a certificate of attendance issued by Textile Centre of Excellence.
Duration: 1 day.
Course Fee: Based on a maximum of 12 delegates per group – £300 + VAT for Member companies & £400 + VAT for non-members.
Course Date & Details
Maximum delegates : Delivery on company premises up to a maximum of 12 delegates per group.
Member Companies: £300 + VAT per group.
Non-Member Companies: £400 + VAT per group.