Junction Mills, Skipton Rd, Cross Hills, Keighley BD20 7SE
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
Working as part of a dedicated team you will lead the team and assist in the Inspection of the Burberry iconic fabric. You will work to the highest quality whilst achieving daily targets and ensure continuous production including leading a team of highly skilled inspectors inspecting both looms state and finished fabric.
- To work in a safe manner, undertake courses on manual handling, safe systems at work and understand the risk assessments of working in a textile production environment.
- Responsibility for inspecting all off loom & finished fabric Mandatory Quality checks on all fabric through inspection.
- Mandatory shade check against fabric standard
- Patrolling and mending using the accumulator on loom inspection system in the weaving shed
- Accurate fault mapping using either QT terminals or Manual fault maps
- Allocate fabric to appropriate stillages
- Load ‘A’ frames on receipt of fabric form finisher
- Identify all faults using tailors chalk – with care following agreed standard specification
- Transfer pieces on the system to the relevant location adding the agreed strings and allowances
- Ensure fabric is well presented before delivery into vendor
- Housekeeping of all areas
- Ensure high standards of excellence
- Excellent Communication between all Managers and Peers
- Textile background
- Previous manufacturing environment with high quality standards
- Ability to follow instructions
- Precision and accuracy
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving using Lean tools and techniques
- GSCE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Excel and Microsoft word skills an advantage
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW