Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HQ
Abraham Moon & Sons has a rich history dating back to 1837, the year in which Queen Victoria succeeded to the British throne. We are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills in the United Kingdom – we take the finest quality raw wool and produce the finest quality cloth and accessories.
Work closely with the Finishing Manager and Quality Manager to ensure quality issues are managed in a timely manner
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with Health and Safety requirements including wearing role specific PPE to include mask and safety boots.
- To inspect various grades of fabric and recognise faults.
- To adhere to specific operating procedures and manufacturing instructions which are provided for all departments and work stations.
- Effective communication in both written and verbal form, within the team and interdepartmental.
- Provide operational cover for absence/holidays across all shift patterns.
- Assist with training of new team members in product quality requirements so KPI’s are maintained to target levels.
- To maintain a safe working environment whilst following all relevant procedures and maintain a high standard of housekeeping.
- Inspection of fabric and removal of contamination
- Cross train on other production machinery
Knowledge and skills necessary:
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team
- Manual role, so strong and able to use manual handling techniques
- Good eye for detail
- Positive attitude
- Ability to identify problems and resolve them effectively
- Understands clear instructions
- Participates willingly in a team
- Actively seeks to understand change
- Aware of basic understanding and requirements of the business
- Sticks to and meets given priorities/deadlines
- Willing, helpful and positive approach to work
- Shows respect for others
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW