“The whole course was well explained and put into context. Phil was a great trainer – very engaging and being an ex-firefighter, he really knew his stuff!” Louise, January 2019.
Target Audience & Prerequisites
This 1 day course is designed to educate employees in fire safety awareness. It is designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace including fire wardens/fire marshals. It will help increase the fire safety awareness of other employees.
The course will cover the follow areas:
- Explain how fires are caused in the workplace and the components of the fire triangle
- Identify the hazards during or after a fire, including the products of combustion
- How to identify the characteristics of fire and smoke spread
- The different methods used to identify and control fire hazards
- Outline typical components for means of escape from fire hazards
- Methods of fire detection and raising the alarm
- The principle of how fires are extinguished
- How portable firefighting equipment should be used safely
- Duties of employers & employees with respect to fire safety in the workplace
- How to undertake a simple fire safety inspection in the workplace
- The stages involved in a fire risk assessment
- The role and function of a fire warden
- The basic content of a fire safety briefing
This one day programme will conclude with a multiple choice assessment.
Accreditation & Reward
Following successful completion, all candidates will receive a Qualsafe accredited certificate. Candidates will also receive a copy of the book Fire Safety Made Easy.
“Fantastic course, given extra knowledge to upgrade our tasks at work going forward. It was clearly explained & the tutor gave time for questions to be asked whilst allowing the group to exchange points.” Mick, April 2019.
“The course was ideal for my new role at work as fire warden. I have learnt a lot of new things that I wouldn’t have thought were relevant to my role previously. I found it fun and interactive.” Roni, Sept 2019.
“I feel confident with knowing what to do if a fire did occur & will be looking into taking on more responsibilities at work. Phil is very easy going & gets the information across very well.” Travis, Sept 2019.
Venue: Textile Centre of Excellence and on client premises
Duration: 1 day programme. Start 9am – 4.30pm
Enquire: To make a general enquiry about this course please contact us.