SIL Holdings Ltd
National Apprentice Minimum Wage
Ladywell Mills, Hall Lane, Bradford BD4 7DF
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
To work towards all end to end processes in textile production, from using raw fibres to creating the finished product using carder, combing, gilling machines. Able to recognise when material does not look as it should and learn to identify faults.
- To learn and use all textile machine processes.
- Work with all fibres in their raw state.
- Perform maintenance on machinery to improve efficiency.
- Set up/feed/programme and monitor machine gauges, dials and indicators.
- Recording production.
- Read and interpret data on work instruction.
- Candidate must be enthusiastic.
- Candidate must be confident in dealing with people at all levels.
- Candidate must be punctual and reliable.
- Candidate must be dedicated to completing the apprenticeship qualifications.
- Hard working individual with proactive approach to their work and high attention to detail.
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential.
- Good with their hands, good hand eye coordination.
- Learn to know the difference in fibres, and know when faults occur.
- Develop knowledge of maintenance of machinery.
A full-time operative role with a view to further training and promotional aspects.
- If shortlisted for this vacancy, you may need to attend more than one interview
- Following an initial period your wage will increase
- Must attend the Huddersfield Textile Centre of Excellence as part of the apprenticeship programme.
PLEASE PROVIDE COVERING LETTER – INCLUDING ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW
- Explain experience/knowledge you have that makes you suitable for this role
- What has interested you in applying for this role?
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW