J&C Joel Limited
£3.90 per hour
Corporation Mill, Corporation St, Sowerby Bridge HX6 2QQ
BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to be a part of our Manufacturing Team in the role of Cutting Apprentice, in a fast, dynamic and creative company.
Reporting to the Manufacturing Supervisor, this role is responsible for the efficient production of drapes within the Manufacturing department. The role involves learning how to expertly measure, cut and maneuverer drapes and shapes for all industries such as theatre, concerts and stadiums to name but a few.
The candidate will be expected to complete a Level 2 Certificate in Textile Production whilst receiving full onsite training.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Calculate cut requirements from order specification
- Measure, cut and inspect fabric supplied from the warehouse to the required specification and size.
- Apply drape consumables such as jack chain & eyelets.
- Ensure every drape leaving the manufacturing floor is inspected against the required specification.
- Keep Production lists up to date on a daily basis
- Label all drapes leaving manufacturing, ensuring they have correct identification on them.
- Maintain a basic level of Health & Safety in all work practices and ensure where necessary any supplied PPE is utilise.
- Participate in and promote any Company schemes or Policies as and when required to further the development of the department and /or Company.
- Challenge existing work practices within the department to improve service and efficiency levels ensuring the Manufacturing Supervisors are kept informed at all times.
- Any other ad-hoc duties considered reasonable, as requested by the Manufacturing Manager.
English L1 & Maths L1 or equivalent
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Quality driven and a fine eye for detail.
- Punctual & reliable.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Good fitness levels are essential considering the physical nature of the work.
- Ability to follow detailed written instructions based on quality specifications is essential.
- Previous experience of working as part of a small team carrying out skilled or semi-skilled work in the textile industry.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW