North Vale Doubling Co Ltd
North Vale Mill, Brighouse HD6 4DJ
Established in 1872, North Vale is a specialist yarn processor and merchant. North Vale’s services include assembly winding, doubling, twisting, re-winding, waxing and steaming a wide range of yarns that are used in a vast array of industries.
The yarns that pass through North Vale mills are used in everything from high end suiting, knitwear, hand knitting and craft products to transport interiors, floor matting, industrial belting, swing tickets, candle wicks and much more. From solid shades, to marls and fancy twists, from coarse to very fine yarns, from 2 fold to 16 fold and from natural to man-made fibres North Vale has it covered. Further information can be found at www.north-vale.co.uk
40 hours worked between 7.30 – 4.30 Monday – Friday.
7.30-4.30 Mon – Thursday & finish at 12.30 on Fridays
Key job responsibilities include:
- Receiving and using information needed to fulfil production
- Set up and checking of the twisting and/or assembly winding machinery. Use of one’s own hands and arms in handling, positioning, and moving of materials
- Starting machinery and observing operations to detect malfunctions or defects, such as yarn breakage
- Responsibility for the running of several machines at the same time, ensuring efficient production through the operation and adjustment of those machines
- Perform simple quality control activities to ensure quality of yarns. Report any issues or maintenance requests in a timely manner
- Manually remove or doff full packages and transport product to and from work area as needed
- Clean machines and the general working area
- Maintain housekeeping standards and a safe working environment.
- Provide information to management and fellow workers as needed
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others.
Skills / Qualities;
- Experience of the textiles industry, assembly winding and/or twisting of yarns would be an advantage but not essential
- Ability to receive and understand instruction
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Good observation skills
- Excellent hand and eye coordination
- Ability to work whilst standing for long periods for time as well as lift and move materials
- Ability and willingness to work in a factory environment in which the use of hearing protection is mandatory.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW