Junction Mills, Skipton Rd, Cross Hills, Keighley BD20 7SE
To effectively lead, motivate and engage the Senior Team Leaders/ Team Leaders to achieve the budgeted production targets while ensuring the quality standards, following the LEAN manufacturing methodology and right-first-time approach.
- Inspire the weaving teams to deliver outstanding performance, overcome challenges and drive results
- Motivate and inspire the Senior Team Leaders/ Team leaders to achieve or exceed the team performance targets
- Ensure production teams authorised absence/holidays are managed in line with production requirements to mitigate the reduction in productivity
- Ensure that poor performance is addressed, and Employee Relations issues are resolved within the parameters of company procedure seeking coaching/ guidance from HR where appropriate or Production management. Inspire focus within the production team to produce quality excellence
- Effectively plan the loading of orders in collaboration with Production Management to maintain or achieve improved efficiencies
- Allocate work, monitor and record daily progress to ensure (hourly/ daily) shift workload targets are achieved
- Drive performance and growth, through excellent operational knowledge
- Cultivate our skills and talent to encourage continuous improvement and focus on continuous learning
- Continually seek and find opportunities to achieve operational excellence and inspire this within your team
- Support and encourage the production team to embrace continuous improvement and lean projects
- Seek out opportunities within the production team to make changes in a collaborative way and use the lean techniques to create improvements
- Establish a learning culture and seek opportunities to encourage multi-skilling as per skills matrix/ training options
- Encourage and support team leader development creating sustainability
- Define, create and develop solutions to identify the root cause of problems to avoid future occurrences and develop this practice within the production teams
- Ensure the production teams are performing at the appropriate skill level to meet the production plan, identify future training needs and ensure training/coaching is carried out to maintain operational efficiencies
- Offer Feedback, be visible and approachable
- Lead with a presence on the frontline, as a brand ambassador and a role model for Burberry values and behaviours
- Continually monitor team performance (efficiency, speed, accuracy, quality, attendance, attitude and behaviour), taking necessary action where appropriate to improve standards.
- Monitor, coach and provide feedback to the team on production and quality targets to achieve operational excellence
- Nurture our craftsmanship, explore new opportunities and protect our heritage
- Effectively monitor and improve quality standards and create effective partnerships with areas such as quality/ technical
- Liaise with maintenance and management to identify investment areas and to obtain new/additional machinery required
- Embed a culture of pride within the working environment
- Ensure the company health and safety policy is followed by all production teams and protect the brand by educating others of risks and responsibilities
- Influence behaviour, embed brand knowledge, inspire pride and passion
- Create and maintain team spirit/morale within team and across IM to achieve a common goal
- Create within the production team a strong connection of the product and to the Brand
- Establish role model behaviours within Team Leaders so they display the company values and support corporate and internal manufacturing policy and objectives
- Embed within the production team good knowledge and passion about the Brand
- Excellent textile background and knowledge of garment construction.
- Strong awareness of luxury garments and high-quality standards and resolving technical challenges to improve quality.
- Experience of managing large teams and developing people within a manufacturing environment
- Proven ability to prioritise and manage own workload
- Strong communication and people skills.
- A proactive approach to tasks working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good working knowledge of technology including Excel, Word.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- NVQ Level 3 or 4 in textiles or equivalent.
- Good level of education in literacy and numeracy.
UPLOAD YOUR CV BELOW