Target Audience & Prerequisites:
This course is suitable for employees, supervisors, team leaders, safety representatives and managers. Specifically the course is aimed at anyone that is about to undertake COSHH assessments as required by the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations. There are no formal prerequisites for undertaking this course.
- Forms of substances
- CHIP, CLP & REACH
- Classification of hazardous substances
- Health effects and routes of entry
- Requirements of COSHH regulations
- Practical steps to COSHH compliance
- COSHH assessment
- Hierarchy of control measures
- Personal protective equipment
- Monitoring – air sampling
- Workplace exposure limits
- Health surveillance
This is a 6 hour course and will be tailored to the needs of your organisation (e.g. utilising your in-company COSHH assessment procedures and documentation).
Accreditation & Reward:
All candidates completing this programme will receive a certificate of attendance issued by the Textile Centre of Excellence.
Available on request. Contact the Centre for details.
Held on company premises.
6 hour course, please contact the Centre for details.
Please contact the Centre for pricing & availability.
Pete Charlesworth on 01484 346500.