Each November, the Centre hosts its own showpiece occasion of the year, Annual Awards Presentation Ceremony. The event celebrates learner success as we present learners with their achievement awards. The event attracts around 250 visitors and has been known to attract high profile key note speakers including Barry Sheerman MP and former Secretary of State for BIS, Dr Vince Cable. Highlights include:
- The presentation of certificates of achievement and qualifications to successful learners from that year;
- The Lord Barnby Award on behalf of the Worshipful Company of Woolmen, recognises the most promising young person currently employed within the West Yorkshire Textile industry
- The ‘Antich Award’ in memory of Chris Antich, a founder of the Centre, former Chairman and a true supporter of textile training.
- A themed and topical keynote speech reflecting the critical issues affecting the industry
- Learners of the Year
- Training Company of the Year
It’s a great opportunity for learners to enjoy the recognition that their hard work and success deserves.
The ceremony ends with a buffet and drinks reception.