Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd
Netherfield Rd, Guiseley, Leeds LS20 9HH
We are assisting the employer Abraham Moon & Sons Ltd to recruit an Assistant Finishing Manager.
Abraham Moon & Sons has a rich history dating back to 1837. We are proud to be one of the few remaining fully vertical mills in the United Kingdom – we take the finest quality raw wool and using our own dyeing, blending, spinning, weaving and finishing processes, we produce the finest quality cloth and accessories for an international customer base.
Supporting the Finishing Manager in the running of the department to maintain and improve all finishing processes. To implement and improve production planning processes to ensure delivery deadlines are met, and inventory is kept to a minimum. To ensure that standardised working practices are in place and followed to maintain a consistent product, a safe workplace and minimum impact on the environment.
- Responsible for the smooth running of the department, including management and supervision of employees.
- Close working with other key members of the team to ensure that quality products are completed on time with minimal cost.
Supporting the Finishing Manager with:
- Finishing production across all the relevant departments.
- Maintaining the smooth & timely delivery of orders.
- Ensuring that required quality levels are met at all times and assisting with the processing of data to provide information for other departments.
- Identifying training requirements and developing and implementing plans accordingly.
- Ability to work on your own or as part of a team and a positive attitude
- Experience and understanding of a safe working environment including manual handling An understanding of the importance of standards to ensure quality standards are met
- A good eye for detail
- Ability to communicate well, including appropriate use of computer software
Salary is negotiable on experience.
This position would be suitable for someone with previous experience within a cloth finishing environment and looking to take the next step in a supervisory role. We would also be very interested to hear from recent graduates with an interest in textile manufacture.
Upload your CV below