Westland Rd, Leeds LS11 5SN
0113 205 5200
Harrison Spinks is an award-winning, innovative and rapidly expanding business just 2 miles south of Leeds city centre. Harrison Spinks is an exciting and growing business: we encourage innovation and are proud of our quality. The company is highly vertically integrated from drawing its own wire, blending our own upholstery fillings and even owning a 300 acre farm to rear sheep and grow fibres for our natural fillings blends.
Innovation is tradition at Harrison Spinks. In the quest to align our processes and become ever more vertically integrated we are constantly testing and finding new ways to improve the way we make our products. We have our own team of development engineers to push the boundaries and new thinking is always encouraged.
Quality is key to our handmade comfort products and you’ll see that the entire team who work at Harrison Spinks take care in everything they do. Often we don’t do things because they are easier, they take time but it results in a superior product and everyone takes pride in their work.
Job Objectives & Responsibilities:
- Safe and efficient driving in accordance with the law.
- Represent the company professionally- our drivers are often the face of the business.
- Accurate record keeping and timely completion of paperwork
- Delivery of our finished products to a variety of business
- Route planning.
- Responsibility for ensuring that the vehicle you are in charge of is in a roadworthy condition and is kept clean.
- Ensuring that customers are satisfied with each and every job that you undertake.
- Communicate any problems that arise with deliveries to your manager and our Customer
It will sometimes be necessary to spend nights away from home- between 2-4 nights per week
Other duties, including occasional warehouse work, to suit the needs of the business.
- HGV Class 1 Licence- held for at least two years.
- Experience working as a HGV driver
- A good standard of literacy.
- Furniture handling experience a distinct advantage
- Comfortable with manual handling.
- Good communication skills.
- Good geographical knowledge of the UK.
- We will accept up to 6 points on your licence, but no DD, TT, DR, CD, IN endorsements
- Enthusiastic and flexible approach.
- Ability to self-manage your time during the working day.
- Must be of smart appearance.
- Ability to work independently
- Impeccable time keeping.
Benefits of working for Harrison Spinks:
- Good rates of pay
- 21 days holidays (incl. bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- Contributory pension scheme
- On-site funded staff restaurant
- Workwear provided
- On-site funded restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Local gym membership special offers
- Training and development
How to apply:
Send your CV and covering letter stating why you are interested in this role and outline the expertise you could offer if you were successful with your application: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org